About Margaret Whittington
Margaret is licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services and the Nassau County Department of Social Services. If you would like to see a copy of the regulations please let us know and we will hand you a copy for viewing.
Our staff members are certified in CPR and First Aid for infants and small children. They are required to update these skills every two years. Each person is responsible for developing, directing, and supervising the daily activity program for the children. Each employee must complete a minimum of 30 hours of training every two years.
• Training must address the following topics:
Principles of childhood development, including the appropriate supervision of children, meeting the needs of children enrolled in the program with physical or emotional challenges and behavior management and discipline.
• Nutrition and Health needs of children.
• Child day care program development.
• Safety and security procedures, including communication between parents and staff.
• Business record maintenance and management.
• Child abuse and maltreatment identification and prevention.
• Statutes and regulations pertaining to child care.
• Statutes and regulations pertaining to child abuse and maltreatment.
• Shaken baby syndrome.
All staff are fingerprinted, screened through NYS Central Register, and signs a conviction policy. Staff are also required to have three letters of qualified references.